Daytona Beach Premises Liability Lawyer
Florida Premises Liability Attorney Assisting Injured Plaintiffs in Daytona Beach
Have you ever slipped and fallen on another person’s property because of a dangerous condition such as a liquid spill or torn carpeting? Or have you been injured because of a trip and fall that occurred due to inadequate lighting? You may be able to file a premises liability claim in Daytona Beach.
Premises liability law is a specific area of personal injury law. Property owners (or anyone in control of property, like a tenant or a property manager), have a duty to customers and guests on the property. Generally speaking, a property owner must take steps to prevent a person from sustaining injuries due to a hazardous condition on the property, or to appropriately warn people about the dangerous condition and the risk of injury. If you or someone you love got hurt because of a hazardous condition on someone else’s property, a dedicated Daytona Beach premises liability lawyer can discuss your options with you.
Common Types of Premises Liability Claims in Daytona Beach
There are many different types of premises liability lawsuits. Common examples of reasons that plaintiff files premises liability claims in Daytona Beach include but are not limited to the following:
- Liquid spill caused a slip and fall;
- Property owner failed to warn a visitor about a dangerous condition on the property, and the dangerous condition caused the visitor’s injury;
- Uneven or rough flooring resulted in a trip and fall accident;
- Broken stair railing caused a fall;
- Clutter in a hallway walking path led to a trip and fall;
- Lack of adequate lighting caused a slip, trip, or fall;
- Inadequate security in a parking lot resulted in an assault; or
- Broken lock in a hotel room led to a break-in and an assault.
Premises Liability Claims for Slips and Falls in Daytona Beach Businesses
When it comes to filing a premises liability claim against a business establishment in Daytona Beach, the law is relatively friendly toward business owners. As such, it is extremely important to have an experienced Daytona Beach premises liability attorney on your side to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Under Florida law (Fla. Stat. § 768.0755), “if a person slips and falls on a transitory foreign substance in a business establishment, the injured person must prove that the business establishment had actual or constructive knowledge of the dangerous condition and should have taken action to remedy it.”
In other words, to obtain compensation after a slip and fall on a liquid spill at a business, the injury victim must be able to prove that the business either knew about the liquid spill or had “constructive knowledge.” A party can prove constructive knowledge by showing one of the following:
- Dangerous condition existed for long enough that the business should have known; or
- Dangerous condition occurs often enough such that it was foreseeable.
Seek Advice from a Premises Liability Lawyer in Daytona Beach
Do you need help with a premises liability claim? An experienced and aggressive premises liability attorney in Daytona Beach can begin working on your case today. Contact The Pendas Law Firm for more information.