Daytona Beach Auto Accident Lawyer
Auto Accident Attorney Serving Clients in Daytona Beach, Florida
Auto accidents happen much more often than they should in Daytona Beach and throughout the state of Florida. Daytona Beach is located along a couple of major highways in Florida where high-speed accidents occur with some frequency. Indeed, I-95 and I-4 are highways with heavy traffic in which collisions involving motor vehicles, large trucks, and motorcycles happen much too frequently. Yet auto accidents can occur anywhere in Daytona Beach, from major highways to neighborhood roads and even local parking lots.
If you or someone you loved sustained serious injuries in an auto accident in Daytona Beach, you should learn more about your options for seeking compensation by speaking with an aggressive Daytona Beach auto accident lawyer.
Getting the Facts About Daytona Beach Auto Accidents
Many auto accidents in Daytona Beach could be prevented, but these serious and fatal crashes continue to occur because drivers behave aggressively on the road or engage in other dangerous behaviors. The following are some facts and figures about auto accidents in the state from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles:
- More than 400,000 auto accidents occur in Florida in a given year, and there were a total of 402,592 accidents in the state in 2018;
- 2,958 fatal auto accidents happened in Florida in 2018, and 3,174 fatalities occurred;
- Nearly 255,000 people sustained injuries in automobile collisions in the state of Florida in 2018;
- A total of 102,756 hit and run auto accidents occurred in Florida in 2018, resulting in a total of 215 fatalities and 21,511 injuries;
- In Volusia County, where Daytona Beach is located, nearly 10,000 auto accidents occurred in 2018, resulting in a total of 107 fatalities and 6.668 injuries; and
- Accident rates in Volusia County tend to peak in spring, just before approaching the summer months.
Common Causes of Daytona Beach Auto Accidents and Injuries
There are many different causes of auto accidents in Daytona Beach, and many have to do with driver error or driver negligence. The following are examples of some common causes of motor vehicle crashes in Daytona:
- Aggressive driving, such as speeding or tailgating;
- Drowsy or fatigued driving;
- Intoxicated driving, including driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving or engaging in other behaviors that are distracting;
- Defective auto part, such as brakes or steering;
- Hazardous roadway or premises; and
- Inclement weather.
It is important to know that all drivers in Florida owe a duty of care to others on the road. Accordingly, if there are heavy rains, drivers have a duty to slow down and to drive accordingly under the conditions. If another driver is negligent and causes a crash, the injury victim may be eligible to seek compensation.
Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer in Daytona Beach
Filing an auto accident claim can be complicated, and it is important to have an experienced Daytona Beach auto accident lawyer on your side. One of the experienced Daytona Beach auto accident lawyers at our firm can get started on your case today. Contact The Pendas Firm to learn more about the services we provide to injured plaintiffs and their families in Florida.