Daytona Beach Airplane Accident Lawyer
Florida Airplane Accident Attorney Assisting Plaintiffs in Daytona Beach
Airplane accidents in and around Daytona Beach, Florida are relatively rare. To be sure, traveling by airplane is generally considered to be much safer than traveling by automobile. At the same time, more private pilots are earning licenses, and smaller planes are becoming popular among both residents of Florida and tourists to the area. Just as with auto accidents, airplane accidents can occur when a pilot is negligent or behaves in a careless or reckless manner. Yet airplane crashes can also happen with more frequency when the owner of the airplane fails to have the plane properly serviced, or when an inexperienced pilot encounters inclement weather.
If you or someone you love sustained injuries in an airplane accident, it may be possible to file a claim for compensation. It is important to learn more about airplane accidents and how to proceed with your lawsuit by speaking with an experienced Daytona Beach airplane accident lawyer.
Getting the Facts About Airplane Accidents in and Around Daytona Beach
Airplane and aviation accidents are much less common than crashes involving motor vehicles. At the same time, however, aviation accidents do occur. The following are some facts and figures from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB):
- More than 1,500 aviation accidents occur each year;
- Of those accidents, about 18 percent of them are fatal;
- In 2011, there were a total of 282 fatal aviation accidents, resulting in a total of 489 fatalities in the U.S.;
- Aviation accident rates have risen slightly in recent years, yet so have the number of flight hours logged by inexperienced or less experienced pilots;
- General aviation accidents account for about 95 percent of all fatal accidents;
- About 9 percent of all instructional flight accidents are fatal;
- Turbulence encounters result in the highest number of non-fatal injuries in aviation accidents, followed by ground collisions and problems with ground handling, and cabin safety issues; and
- Majority of serious or fatal aviation accidents occur in flight, followed by the taxiing phase and pushback phase.
Common Causes of Airplane Accidents in Daytona Beach
What causes most airplane or aviation accidents in the Daytona Beach area? A fact sheet from Everglades University cites the following as the most frequent reasons for aviation crashes and injuries:
- Pilot error (more than 50 percent of all airplane accidents);
- Poor airplane maintenance, including mechanic errors (causes about 50 percent of all crashes resulting from engine failure); and
- Sabotage to airplane or its components (about 10 percent).
Liability in a Daytona Beach Airplane Accident
Depending upon the specific facts of your case, you may be able to file an airplane accident claim against more than one party. The following are parties who are commonly responsible for airplane crashes:
- Pilot’s employer;
- Owner of the airplane;
- Mechanic who worked on the airplane;
- Designer of one of the airplane parts; and/or
- Manufacturer of one of the airplane parts.
You should speak with a Florida airplane accident attorney to learn more about how to file your claim and who may be responsible for your injuries.
Contact an Airplane Accident Lawyer in Daytona Beach
If you or someone you love sustained serious or life-threatening injuries in an airplane crash, it is important to hold the negligent party accountable. One of the aggressive Daytona Beach airplane accident lawyers at our firm can begin working on your claim today. Contact The Pendas Law Firm to speak with an advocate about your options for seeking financial compensation.