Daytona Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Florida Medical Malpractice Lawyer Serving Injured Patients in Daytona Beach
Medical malpractice, which is also known as medical negligence, can result in severe and life-threatening injuries to patients. When patients visit a healthcare provider and seek a diagnosis or medical treatment, those patients should be able to expect that they will receive quality care. However, healthcare providers can be careless and can fail to provide the standard of care that patients should be able to anticipate. Under Florida law (Fla. Stat. § 766.102), patients who are injured as a result of medical negligence may be able to file a claim for compensation.
If you or someone you love suffered injuries because of a healthcare provider’s negligence, you should get in touch with a Daytona Beach medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible.
Learning More About Medical Malpractice in Daytona Beach
Medical malpractice claims in Florida allow an injured patient to seek damages after suffering an injury caused by the negligence of a healthcare provider. The general elements of a medical malpractice lawsuit are as follows:
- Healthcare provider owed the patient a duty of care (which is usually established as soon as a patient visits a healthcare provider seeking treatment or care);
- Healthcare provider breached that duty of care (which the plaintiff must prove by showing that the healthcare provider failed to live up to the standards that another healthcare provider in the same field and geographic area would consider proper);
- Patient suffered an injury; and
- Patient’s injury resulted from the healthcare provider’s breach of the duty of care.
Common Causes of Daytona Beach Medical Malpractice
There are many different causes of injuries from medical negligence in Daytona Beach, including but not limited to the following:
- Medication errors, including prescribing the wrong medication, prescribing the incorrect amount of medication, prescribing a medication that has a harmful interaction with a patient’s current medications, or filling the wrong type or amount of a prescription;
- Diagnostic errors, such as delayed diagnosis, incorrect diagnosis, or wrong diagnosis;
- Surgical errors, such as operating on the wrong patient, operating on the wrong body part (wrong-site surgery), or leaving an object inside a patient after surgery (like a sponge);
- Anesthesia errors, including using the wrong amount of anesthesia; and
- Hospital errors, including medical record errors or lack of safety standards that result in hospital-acquired infection.
Who is Responsible in a Daytona Beach Medical Malpractice Claim?
Numerous parties may be held liable for medical negligence in Florida. Nearly any healthcare provider can cause injuries as a result of his or her negligence. You should discuss the specific facts of your case with a Daytona Beach medical negligence attorney, but examples of potential defendants include:
- Laboratory where tests were conducted;
- Lab tech; or
Seek Advice from an Aggressive Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Daytona Beach
If you or someone you love sustained injuries due to a healthcare provider’s negligence, a Daytona Beach medical malpractice attorney can discuss your options for seeking financial compensation. Contact The Pendas Law Firm today to learn more about how we can assist with your case.