West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer
While bicycling around West Palm Beach is good for our health and our wallets, riding a bicycle alongside traffic always puts you at risk of serious accidents and injuries. This is especially true in the state of Florida, which leads all of the states with the highest rates of bicyclist deaths in the U.S. Bicyclists involved in accidents can face a long road to recovery – if they ever recover at all. Bicycle accident injuries can leave victims facing financial struggles and pain and suffering.
At The Pendas Law Firm, our West Palm Beach bicycle accident lawyers have helped many injured accident victims rebuild their lives after a serious accident. Please call us today for a free case evaluation if you have suffered an injury.
Serious Injuries to Bicyclists
While motorists have numerous safety protections including airbags, seat belts, and the sturdy frame of the vehicle itself. Bicyclists, on the other hand, are completely exposed to the elements around them and, even if they wear a helmet, they have little to no protections from harm in the event of a collision. Whether a bicyclist is hit by a moving car, a car door, or is thrown to the ground for another reason, there is a good chance they will sustain devastating injuries. Some of the most common serious injuries to bicyclists can include:
- Crushed limbs;
- Traumatic brain injury and head trauma;
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis;
- Fractures to the face and jaw;
- Dental injuries;
- Broken arms;
- Torn ligaments or tendons;
- Internal bleeding or organ damage.
Who Can be Held Responsible?
When a bicyclist is lying in a hospital bed or at home missing work recovering from severe injuries, it is only natural to wonder who can be held liable for their pain and suffering. This depends on the circumstances that led to the accident. Some parties that may be held responsible include the following:
- Drivers – Drivers can be negligent in many ways to cause bicycle accidents, including distracted driving, tailgating or speeding, improper turns, dangerous passing, drunk driving, and more.
- Government entities – If a bicyclist crashes after hitting a pothole or a similar dangerous condition on the road, the government entity that was responsible for inspecting and maintaining that roadway may be held liable for their injuries.
- Bicycle manufacturer – Some bicyclists lose control and crash because part of their bike was defective and malfunctioned. Manufacturers that sell defective bicycles should be held accountable for their negligence.
As a bicycle accident victim, you may have the right to seek compensation from insurance policies or may need to seek compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and other losses by filing a claim for personal injury in court.
Call a West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
The West Palm Beach bicycle accident lawyers at The Pendas Law Firm are committed to standing up for the rights of injured accident victims. If you have sustained serious injuries on a bicycle or in any type of traffic accident, call our office to discuss your case today.