West Palm Beach Premises Liability Lawyer
With millions of Americans entering restaurants, hospitals, schools, and malls every day, there is a growing number of accidents because of unsafe premises. These premises injuries and deaths are caused by uneven, slippery, or obstructed walk-ways; unsafe stacking of merchandise; and by poorly maintained equipment. In the U.S., slip and fall injuries impact far too many people each year. When an owner fails to keep their establishment safe for everyone’s use, and you or a loved one gets injured, you may be able to get damages to help with your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Contact our West Palm Beach premises liability lawyers today.
However, not all injuries that happen on a business’ private property are grounds of a lawsuit. Liability on their part has to be proven; we have to be able to show that they did something that created an unsafe environment for their customers, like failing to clean their floors.
Fighting for Your Right to Recovery
Many times, businesses will deny any wrongdoing after the accident, so you must be prepared to make the claim. A bad fall can result in a broken hip, concussion, or torn ligaments. Oftentimes, people never fully recover from these types of injuries. For older victims, slip and fall injuries can be even worse; 65-69-year-old women that fracture a hip are five times more likely to die within the year than women who did not suffer a hip fracture. Medical bills pile up, jobs can be lost, and health may never recover, especially if the proper procedures are unaffordable to the victim. Our West Palm Beach premises liability lawyers can help you pay for your bills and get you back on the path to physical and financial recovery.
If you get injured from a fall, there are things some important things to keep in mind:
- You need to seek medical attention immediately. By not receiving treatment, you are essentially prolonging your recovery. If you cannot afford to see a doctor, we will help you get the care you need. Be honest when describing the injuries and pain to your doctor, and whether or not you have experienced this pain in the past. Everything you tell your doctor will become evidence. Make sure to keep your medical records.
- The most important step is to figure out the cause of your fall. Was the floor slippery or greasy? Were there caution signs in place? Was there something unsafe obstructing your path?
- Many establishments will clean the area up right after you fall, so you may not have another chance to prove that the floor was unsafe to walk upon. Knowing the specifics of what caused you to fall plays an important role. Was it soap, water, ice, mud, or an extension cord? Taking pictures is vital, as businesses are unlikely to provide you with their own video surveillance.
- Remember to file a report with the manager to ensure that there is a record of events. Get the full names and contact information from any witnesses to the accident.
- The shoes you were wearing that day are an important piece of evidence. Keep them in the same condition they were in the day of the accident. Take them home and don’t wear them again.
Contact our West Palm Beach Premises Liability Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall or other premises accident, don’t hesitate to give us a call today. The Pendas Law Firm in West Palm Beach is able to provide you with solid representation to ensure your rights are protected throughout your case. Contact our West Palm Beach premises liability lawyers today.