Ocala Car Accident Lawyer
Despite car manufacturers including safety features such as curtain airbags, electronic stability control, and accident avoidance systems such as blind spot warning and adaptive cruise control, car collisions are still a serious problem. It does not help that speed limits have been increased across the nation and here in Florida, killing close to 2,000 additional people annually in the past few years alone, according to USA Today. One of the leading causes of car collisions is excessive speed. Distraction is another major contributor. According to Psychology Today, nomophobia (the fear of being without a smart phone) affects 40 percent of the population, meaning countless drivers are frequently checking their phones as they drive in congested traffic, circle the parking lot, wait at intersections, and speed down the highway. If you were hit by another driver, you must pursue compensation to cover your medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damage, lost wages, and other damages. Here at The Pendas Law Firm, our Ocala car accident lawyers have experience in holding negligent drivers financially accountable for their actions, and stop at nothing to achieve fair compensation for our clients.
Our Attorneys are Strong Negotiators and Skilled in the Court Room
Reaching a desirable settlement offer comes only after many months of pouring over insurance policies, pursuing potential third parties and additional insurance carriers, documenting the full extent of your injuries, and a back and forth process of negotiations between your attorney and the negligent party’s insurance carrier. Our lawyers have a keen eye for the small print during this process, and know how to get every penny out of the opposing party’s clenched hands. Most personal injury cases never make it to the courtroom; lawsuits are generally settled long before it comes to that. However, if you are not satisfied with the offers that the other party’s insurance company has made, we are more than prepared to take the matter to court, ensuring that you are provided the financial resources necessary to get your life back on track.
Florida adheres to the doctrine of comparative negligence. This means that you can only collect a percentage of your total damages if it is determined that you had a hand in causing the collision. For example, if you were found to be 20 percent at fault for speeding, your recovery would be reduced by 20 percent, leaving you with only 80 percent of the full compensation that you would otherwise have received if you were not found to be at fault. Our lawyers will ensure that you are not found even one percent negligent, or will reduce the amount to the smallest degree possible so that your compensation is maximized.
Damages For Which You Can Seek Compensation
- Medical expenses;
- Property damage;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost wages and earning capacity;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Emotional distress;
- Scarring and disfigurement; and
- Travel expenses to and from medical appointments.
Our Ocala Car Collision Lawyers are Ready to Help You Today
Here at The Pendas Law Firm, our Ocala car accident lawyers work tirelessly to provide a better future for you and your family. Reach out to us today at 1-754-800-0000 to schedule a free consultation so that we may begin the process of reclaiming your life and your financial health.