Close Menu
Free Initial Consultation
Florida Personal Injury
Florida Personal Injury Lawyers > Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyer > Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Protection Lawyer (PIP)

Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Protection Lawyer (PIP)

According to the Insurance Research Council, 13 percent, or one in eight, drivers do not have auto insurance, despite it being illegal to drive without it. What happens if you get hit by one of those people? Even if you have auto and health coverage for yourself, there is another avenue of protection that you can pursue. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance is an additional financial buffer in case you get in an auto accident. Contact our Fort Lauderdale personal injury protection lawyers today.

Florida is a no-fault state, meaning that regardless of who caused the crash, your auto insurance will pay your medical expenses up to your policy limit. Because Florida is a no-fault state, you are able to purchase PIP insurance. PIP insurance can be thought of as health insurance used in the event of an auto accident. PIP insurance can pay for medical bills that your health insurance might not cover. As another benefit, it can cover you whether you are in someone else’s car or your own, it covers all of the passengers in your car, and it even covers you when you are a pedestrian or a cyclist. Whether you caused the collision or someone else did, PIP insurance will help pay for your medical bills.

PIP Insurance is a Supplement to Your Health Insurance in the Case of an Auto Accident

PIP insurance does have its limitations though. Many policies have a deductible of $1,000, which means you would pay the first $1,000 of medical costs. Once the deductible has been met, PIP usually pays 80 percent of your medical and disability bills, leaving you to pay the other 20 percent. Also, most PIP plans only go up to a total of $10,000. It should only be thought of as a supplement to your auto and health insurance. PIP also typically pays up to $5,000 in death benefits. If another party caused your auto collision and they have liability insurance, our lawyers can help you recover damages from them. In addition to medical bills and death benefits, PIP insurance can also pay up to 60 percent of your lost wages and the travel expenses related to seeing your doctor. Contact our Fort Lauderdale PIP lawyers for more information.

PIP insurance can pay for the following expenses:

  • Hospital and doctor’s bills;
  • In-home rehabilitation and other services;
  • Lost wages; and
  • Funeral expenses.

Contact our Experienced Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Protection Lawyers

If you were involved in an automobile crash, call us today and we can help you apply for any type of reimbursements you require. The Pendas Law Firm in Fort Lauderdale retains highly experienced personal injury lawyers and we have extensive knowledge of PIP insurance. We do not charge a fee from the beginning so give us a call today and we can begin discussing your legal options.

Share This Page:

Read What Others Have To Say About Us

  • “I'm very happy with this firm... Joel is an excellent attorney and Carolyn is an amazing paralegal, After been ditched from another law firm, Pendas took care of me and they won my case. I recommend them 100%...” - Jacksonville, Florida (11/2013) -

    Maria Pastor
  • “This law firm is amazing. I love how they always try to stay/keep in contact with you. It shows that they really care and want everything taken care of correctly, Thank You!...” - Orlando, Florida (05/2014) -

    Shantelle Blackwell
  • “I'm very thankful for all the attentions of all the Pendas staff that took care of my case and helped me through the process, thanks for your patience, collaboration and comprehension!...” - Tampa, Florida (05/2014) -

    Carlos Guadalupe

© 2015 - 2017 The Pendas Law Firm. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.