Miami Premises Liability Lawyer
We enter thousands of establishments throughout our lives. And every premises, including schools, office buildings, malls, and grocery stores, poses a risk if the owner fails to follow the proper safety measures. Injuries happen because of improperly stacked merchandise, slip and falls, unstable chairs, faulty wiring, and poorly maintained equipment. It is the business owner’s responsibility to keep their establishment safe for all those who enter. If you have been injured on a premises due to the owner’s negligence, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. In order for your case to be successful, you and your lawyer have to be able to prove negligence. Our Miami premises liability lawyers have the ability to prove that your injury was a result of an unsafe environment. Don’t hesitate to call today to discuss your legal options.
Businesses Will Deny Any Wrongdoing
It is common practice for a business owner to deny any wrongdoing on their part. Because of this, it is up to you to quickly collect as much evidence on site as you can to prove that your claim is valid and that the premises was not in safe condition. For example, if you suffered an injury due to a slip and fall, take these steps to gather evidence of negligence:
- Determine what exactly caused the fall. Was the floor wet or greasy? Were there cords obstructing the walkway? Did you slip on ice?
- In order to cover the accident up and hide their negligence, a business may clean up the mess or fix the problem that caused you to slip and fall. They may do this right after you leave to go to the hospital or other medical facility.
- File a report with the management for written proof of the accident.
- Collect eyewitness testimony and contact information.
- The shoes you were wearing are part of the evidence. Keep them at home and in the same condition they were in when you fell. Do not wear them any more.
- Seek medical attention for you injuries and have an honest discussion with your doctor. Everything the two of you talk about can be used as evidence. If the injury was a preexisting condition, do not lie about it. Likewise, do not downplay the injuries you sustained or refrain from seeking out medical attention.
Contact our Experienced Miami Premises Liability Lawyers Today
Many people miss weeks of work, accrue thousands in medical bills, or simply never recover from a bad fall or premises injury. If the victim was an older person, they are even less likely to fully heal from a bad injury. According to as study done by Kaiser Permanente, women aged 65-69 who fracture a hip are five times more likely to die within that same year than women who did not fracture a hip. It is vital to seek the proper medical care and financial compensation in the event of a premises accident. If you or a loved one has been injured due to the poor upkeep of a premises, don’t hesitate to call one of our experienced Miami premises liability lawyers at the The Pendas Law Firm today to discuss your legal options.