Fort Lauderdale Class Action Consumer Litigation Lawyer
Class action lawsuits are becoming increasingly familiar to many consumers because of the coverage of the underlying actions that lead to a wide number of victims. Defective products and data breaches are two of the more common incidents that are giving rise to more class action suits. If you have been a victim of a defective product, it’s highly unlikely you’re the only one. This is why it’s important to speak with a Fort Lauderdale class action consumer litigation lawyer who has experience handling class action consumer litigation matters.
What are the Elements of a Class Action Lawsuit?
There are situations where pursuing individual claims against a manufacturer could prove difficult, depending on the nature of the case. The facts of the lawsuit may be similar, but victims’ damages may be different. Rather than each victim pursuing their own claim, you can benefit if you aggregate them into one lawsuit that represents the whole class of victims.
Types of Consumer Class Action Lawsuits
There are numerous ways a business or organization can harm people, and unfortunately, many businesses believe it’s ok to mislead, manipulate, or mistreat their consumers in order to get a product on the shelves, etc.
There are a variety of situations that can give rise to filing a class action lawsuit. Types of cases can include:
- Defective and dangerous products
- Deceptive trade practices
- Unfair debt collection tactics
- Unfair business practices
- Deceptive promises and warranties
- Mortgage or automobile dealer fraud
- Breach of contract
Benefits of a Class Action Lawsuit
There are a number of benefits to filing a class action lawsuit over an individual civil suit. Some of the more common benefits to Fort Lauderdale consumer class action litigation include:
- There are lower litigation costs because they are divided amongst all the class members;
- Lower litigation costs will allow more plaintiffs to get relief who might not have found it financially smart to pursue in an individual suit;
- The opportunity for all plaintiffs to receive some compensation whereas the defendant may not have the money to pay if it is defending a number of individual lawsuits;
- There is greater efficiency in the court system because only one judge is handling it in one court rather than multiple judges and courts spread out around various jurisdictions;
- Plaintiffs will all receive similar reimbursement since it’s one decision; rather than relying on different outcomes in different jurisdictions; and
- The defendant has more certainty since it’s one judgment or settlement amount, helping them ensure they can cover payments to the plaintiffs.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Class Action Consumer Litigation Lawyer
The decision to proceed with a class action lawsuit can be a difficult one. This is why it’s important to speak with a skilled Fort Lauderdale attorney who can discuss both the pros and cons of filing a class action suit. There may be some scenarios where it makes more financial sense to proceed with an individual lawsuit rather than creating or joining in a class action consumer litigation.
If you have questions on class action lawsuits and the process, contact The Pendas Law Firm at 888-LPENDAS (573-6327) today to schedule an initial consultation.