Fort Lauderdale Premises Liability Lawyer
Think about how many thousands of establishments you enter each year: restaurants, schools, health clubs, grocery markets, and retail stores. Every premises you enter poses a minor risk to all its patrons. Thousands of injuries and even deaths occur due to uneven, slippery, or obstructed walk-ways; precariously stacked merchandise; poorly maintained equipment; and unstable chairs and tables. Every business or other establishment must be safe for everyone to enter, and if it is not, and causes injury, the business owner may be held liable. You could be entitled to collect damages to help pay for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
But not all injuries that happen on private property have the means for filing a lawsuit. Negligence has to be proven on the part of the establishment. Our Fort Lauderdale premises liability lawyers have to be able to show that the business created an unsafe environment, or neglected to upkeep the establishment that ended in injury.
We Will Fight for Your Right to Recovery
- Businesses will often deny any wrongdoing on their part. You must collect evidence to prove that your claim has grounds of showing their negligence. As an example, in the case of a slip and fall that ended in injury for you or a loved one, take these steps:
- The most crucial thing to do is to determine the cause of the fall. Was the floor slippery from grease or water? Were caution signs present? Was anything obstructing your path?
- Many dishonest staff and employers will clean the floor right after someone falls to hide evidence. You may not have another chance to find out what was at fault. Take pictures for evidence and to document the specific obstacle that caused your injury.
- File a report with the manager or staff to ensure your accident was recorded. Write down full names and contact numbers for all witnesses.
- Keep the shoes you were wearing that day in the same condition that they were in during the accident. Take them home, do not wash or change them in any way, and do not wear them again.
Seek medical attention immediately if your injury demands it. Do not prolong your injury by delaying treatment. If you are unable to afford a doctor, the Pendas Law Firm can help you get the treatment you need. Always be completely honest when describing your injuries to your doctor. Have you had this pain in the past? Does it keep you from your normal activities or work? Everything you and your doctor discuss will be used as evidence. Keep your medical records.
A fall can end in serious injury. Often, people never fully recover from a bad fall, especially when they are advanced in age. According to as study done by Kaiser Permanente, women that are 65-69-years old who fracture a hip are five times more likely to die within that same year than women who did not fracture a hip. Not only is your health a concern, but bills from medical expense pile up, wages and even jobs can be lost, and pain and suffering can cause serious depression and other side effects.
Contact our Experienced Fort Lauderdale Premises Liability Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the poor upkeep of a premises, call The Pendas Law Firm out of Fort Lauderdale today to discuss your legal options. Our Fort Lauderdale premises liability lawyers are happy to help you today.